Monday, October 29, 2012

31 Weeks and Counting!!

Well there's only 59 days until our beautiful baby girl is due! Graham and I are so excited. :) As my shirts get smaller and smaller, little miss Cassie keeps growing bigger and bigger. And let me tell you, I've noticed! Shes a strong little fighter, that's for sure. Her kicks are strong, each time I go in for my doctors appointments (every two weeks) they tell me how strong her heartbeat is.. The pregnancy is REALLY going great!

Graham was supposed to come on the 14th and use up his vacation time, but thanks to the airlines losing his ticket, he wasn't able to. Its really hard being this pregnant and this far away from the man I love, but I'm okay. I know that everything happens for a reason, and that we're never handed anything that we can't handle. Well later that week, Graham ended up getting really sick (hes fine, it was just a really bad flu or cold). My poor man couldn't keep anything down, had absolutely no energy left, and was just miserable! So there's the reason behind him not being able to come right there. If he would have come, I could have gotten sick too, and that could have been bad. So fate has its reasons, whether we like it or not. But December isn't that far away, and Graham is going to be here a week before I'm due so that he can be here to help me and be here for our little girls birth. :) I can't wait to see him!!

I've been volunteering at my moms school lately. Its actually really nice, it gives me something to do and something to keep me busy with! The teachers there know and love me (they've known me as long as moms worked there, and that's about.... 7 or 8 years now?) so its really nice. I can talk to them if I need to without worrying that they'll judge me. Plus everyone there is so sweet! They all love the baby belly. ^_^ Now I'm in three different classes. Tuesdays I'm in Pre K (which is interesting), Wednesdays I'm in first grade (with a first year teacher, shes due a week before me!), and then Fridays I'm in my moms first grade class. Honestly I think I like being in my moms class best, because I'm not afraid to say something to the kids. If they're acting up, I can speak up without feeling like I'm stepping on anyone's toes. That and my mom has me do more than everyone else does. Well, most of the time. She has me grading her tests, taking care of the kids folders, getting things ready, helping with this or that, helping with testing.. Just anything and everything. And the kids love me! They see me in the halls and get really excited lol. I hear "MISS LAURA!!!" a lot. :) Its a great feeling.

We had my baby shower on the 20th, and oh my goodness it was a killer success! We had so many people here it was crazy! Lots of family, lots of friends.. It was so loud in the house that even with my phone turned up all the way I STILL couldn't hear it going off!! We had adults drinking apple juice out of baby bottles (which I ALMOST won by the way), tasting baby food.. It was so much fun. :) Then we got a LOT of stuff too! We were given a cradle (which Cassie will be sleeping in for a little while), a swing/bouncer combo, LOTS of clothes, diapers, a few things of wipes, bottles, a boppy pillow (yay!), two picture frames, lots of blankets, a diaper cake with a pooh night light on top, a pooh crib set (which is adorable), a diaper genie.. Umm.. I can't remember what else lol. I just know that I'm excited and really looking forward to using all this stuff!! 

My grandma (on my dads side) isn't doing well at all.. We were told that she has a few weeks to a few months to live. Mom and dad are going up this weekend to be with her. But me.. I'm to far along to travel. I'll be 32 weeks on Thursday, and I just.. can't. My birthing classes start on the 7th, I'm at the doctors every two weeks.. I just CAN'T leave. Which I hate, because I want to be able to say goodbye.. But I know its not something I can control, and she would want me to think about my health, and the health of this beautiful little girl I'm carrying. She wouldn't want me to risk it. -sigh- But I KNOW that as strong as I'm trying to stay right now, its going to hit me REALLY hard once shes gone. They stopped treatment, because the cancers really aggressive and the chemo isn't working.. Mom just got off the phone with her not long ago, and she said she sounds absolutely terrible. :( It sounds like her organs are shutting down already.. -sigh- I know that she wont be in pain anymore, but its hard to let them go.. Grahams been absolutely amazing the whole time too. He lets me talk to him about it, and lean on him and just.. He helps me keep semi sane about the whole situation. And I'm really trying not to stress and freak out about it, because I know its not good for the baby. But that doesn't make it easy! I really wanted Cassie to meet her great grandma. :/ But in the end, what will be will be.

I think this update is plenty long lol. Besides, I want to go up to the store and get some chocolate chips for our pancakes I'm making tonight. I'll update again soon!

Lots of Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment